What is the Camping` Challenge?
The aim of this challenge is for Explorer, Network Scouts and Leaders to camp for one night every month during 2019. On completion of the challenge a badge & certificate will be issued in December 2019.
- The minimum standard to get the badge is 12 nights away with a camp in at least 10 months – you can play a ‘wildcard’ for 2 months if you are unable to camp.
- The challenge is open to all to be inclusive – so anyone who cannot camp may stay indoors for some or all of the nights.
- Scouts linking to Explorers may take part.
What is the ‘Extreme’ Camping challenge
For those who want a harder challenge there is an ‘extreme’ camping challenge – with additional challenges such as sleeping in hammocks, bivis & more! You need to complete 10 challenges to get this award.
How do I take part?
1. Register for the challenge. You can register as individuals or as a unit. Units will be able to keep a log of their members to get the badge. There will also be an award for units that camp for 12 nights over at least 10 months.
2. You need to take a photo of yourself camping and upload onto your Google Drive link or email your photo to us – you can also keep a log of your camps there on the Spreadsheet.
How can I link up with others wanting to camp?
We will email you with an opportunities and post these on our Facebook page. You might be able to link with other units undertaking a camp – make sure your leader is aware if you attend another camp.
What if I can’t camp with Scouting?
Ideally camps should be with your unit or Scouting, however if this isn’t possible then you can camp with friends or in your garden to complete the camping night for the month.
What if I miss a month?
You can play a ‘wildcard’ for up to two months and undertake that night away during another month. The minimum is 12 nights away in at least 10 months. If you miss more than this, you can undertake a camp in January 2020 to make up the additional month.
Can camps count towards the CSA & QSA awards?
Yes you can count any of the nights away used for this award, as long as they are not being counted towards any other section of the award.
If you have any queries please contact the Camping Challenge team – Orlando, & George on firstname.lastname@example.org.