DofE – Expedition Section
Here you will find all the resources you need to plan a DofE expedition.
- Expedition Quick Guide 2016
- Expedition Notification Form 2017 on how to run an expedition
- 20 conditions of the expedition section.
- Supervisors & Assessors – information on roles & qualifications.
Expedition Training Pack ideas to help you train your participants
- Expedition Training Pack – Leader’s Guide
- Expedition Training Pack Resources – Zipped folder
- DofE Participant Notes – Feb 16 – Handouts for participants
Expedition Paperwork & Risk Assessments
- Expedition Notification Form 2017 for qualifying ventures in non-wild country.
- Green Form for all ventures in wild country (4 – 6 weeks before)
- Red Form for ventures in the Peak District (4 – 6 weeks before)
- Blue Form for ventures abroad (3 months before)
- Variations Application and Variation Process Map for those with additional needs.
- DofE Walking Expedition Risk Assessment – 2017 – Updated April 2017
- DofE Water Expedition Risk Assessment – 2017 – New April 2017
- Pre-expedition check & Briefing notes
- Expedition Safety Card to be carried by all participants
Training and Planning
- Bronze, Silver and Gold Training Frameworks.
- Routecards: DofE Routecard, Self-Calculating (updated Aug 17) and Water Routecard
- Expedition Aims pack
- Example Projects from past DofE Groups.
- List of campsites (New Forest, South Downs and Dorset)
- List of minibuses (for hire) – New April 2017
- New Forest Wild Campsites – information & application and Map
- Expedition Set Up on EDofE – quick guide