DofE – Registering & Getting Started
How do I register to start my award? You can register in two different ways:
- Register online using PayPal or Credit Card. Please ensure you have a PayPal account or Debit / Credit card before you start!
- Complete a paper registration form: Word Form or PDF form and send to address on form with a cheque payable to HCSC.
- The current costs are Bronze (£ 22), Silver (£ 22) or Gold (£ 29) until April 2018.
- There is an option on the online form and paper form for anyone with financial hardship to get a free place. Just tick the box – no reason needed.
What age can you start your DofE?
- Bronze (14+) – (or in year 9 age range). You cannot start the Bronze award in Scouts and must be in/linking to Explorer Scouts.
- Silver (15+) – (or in year 10 age range)
- Gold (16+) – no activities can start before your 16th birthday.
- Please note you can opt to start at Bronze, Silver or Gold level see levels, sections & requirements page for more information.
What do I need to do to complete my award using EDofE?
- Download the Hampshire Scout DofE Participant Guide
Is there a list of activities and how long do I need to do it for?
- You can download a List of DofE Programme Ideas
- You need to do each activity for an hour a week (or 2 hours every other week) for the duration of the activity – see levels, sections & requirements page for more information.
Who can be an assessor?
- The assessor needs to be someone experienced in the activity and not related to you.
- For the expedition section they need to be a DofE accredited Expedition Assessor.
What evidence do I need?
- The minimum evidence is a report from your assessor.
- You can add whatever additional evidence you like: photos, videos, certificates etc.
How can I get further advice and support?
- Ask your DofE Leader.
- Contact the County DofE Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org.